[alsa-devel] [regression] 2.6.25-rc4 snd-es18xx broken on Alpha

Michael Cree mcree at orcon.net.nz
Tue Mar 18 04:54:04 CET 2008

On 18/03/2008, at 4:24 PM, Bob Tracy wrote:

> I'll try the below when I get back from my business trip (in approx.
> two weeks).  Apologies for the inconvenience, but the Alpha hardly
> qualifies as a laptop :-).  If someone else with a Miata (or other
> Alpha with the ES1888 sound device) cares to give this a try, I *will*
> be keeping up with my e-mail.

I should be able to give this a go over Easter on a PWS500au, which,
IIRC, is a miata system.

As an aside, I have been using the ESS1888 on my XP1000 (in between
system partition corruptions and restoring the system three times - I
suspect a failing controller card which I have now removed) through
the OSS interface for a couple of weeks without problems.  This is
indicative that the ESS1888 problem may be specific to certain Alpha
models.

Michael.