[alsa-devel] /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf :and file extention

Rene Herman rene.herman at keyaccess.nl
Tue Mar 18 02:42:56 CET 2008

On 18-03-08 01:27, Alexander Indenbaum wrote:

> Still no PCM in /tmp/pcm.out. I get following error messages though:
> "(snd_determine_driver) could not open control for card 0"
> "(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such
> file or directory"
> "(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings"
> "(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such
> file or directory"
> "(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name"
> "(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such
> file or directory"
> "(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory"
> "(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default"
> "(_snd_pcm_plug_open) Unknown field hint"
>
> Any clues?

Yes, aplay would've worked. What you are using is trying to open controls
for the card though and non are defined. If you will be using the dummy
driver anyway, use:

pcm.!default {
	type	file
	slave	{
		pcm	"hw:0"
	}
	file	"/tmp/pcm.out"
}

with snd-dummy having index 0. I tested this just now with firefox and the
flash plugin on youtube and it works for me.

Rene.