[alsa-devel] /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf :and file extention

Alexander Indenbaum alexander.indenbaum at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 01:27:46 CET 2008

> > pcm.!default {
> >          type    file
> >          slave   {
> >                  pcm     null
> >          }
> >          file    "/tmp/pcm.out"
> > }

OK  - this goes to /etc/alsa.conf

> > Exactly why you need that slave definition I'm not sure either, but it
> seems
> > you do.
>
> The file plugin requires the slave for its configuration and as the
> timing source.  Using "null" is just to accept any config and feed the
> data as fast as possible.  If you need to save the data as if it's
> being played, use the kernel dummy driver as the slave.

OK, I compiled alsa-drivers with Dummy as one and only card and loaded it
into the kernel:
# cat /proc/asound/card0/id
Dummy

Still no PCM in /tmp/pcm.out. I get following error messages though:
"(snd_determine_driver) could not open control for card 0"
"(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such
file or directory"
"(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings"
"(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such
file or directory"
"(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name"
"(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file
or directory"
"(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory"
"(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default"
"(_snd_pcm_plug_open) Unknown field hint"

Any clues?

Alexander Indenbaum