[alsa-devel] arecord | aplay expected delay

Rene Herman rene.herman at keyaccess.nl
Sun Mar 16 22:36:20 CET 2008

On 16-03-08 11:05, van der Linden wrote:

> I'm running arecord and aplay under uCLinux on a Blackfin DSP.
>
> In this way I loopback my audio.
>
> Does anyone know what delay I can expect between audio input and audio output?

Not me, but you just want to loop without doing anything to it? An analogue
input? Every card I know can just loop it's own inputs out again. That is,
In -> Out, while you have In -> ADC -> bus -> cpu/memory -> bus -> DAC -> Out.

> I measure at my test board 50ms. I want to have about 1ms!

You'd need a pretty fast system I suppose. Why does your card not loop
directly itself? You can still record it as well...

Rene