[alsa-devel] AD1988B: ALSA doesn't use dmix automatically

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 03:48:52 CET 2008

ALSA 1.0.15

NOTE: For ALSA 1.0.9rc2 and higher you don't need to setup dmix. Dmix
is enabled as default for soundcards which don't support hw mixing.

	So why if I try to play 2 sounds at the same time, the second
one complains the "resource is busy"? Shouldn't it detect that AD1988B
can't do hardware mixing and use dmix automatically?

	Obs.: I don't have any ~/.asoundrc or /etc/asound.conf lying

Linux 2.6.24: Arr Matey! A Hairy Bilge Rat!
http://u-br.net http://www.abusar.org/FELIZ_2008.html
Napalm Death - "Circle Of Hypocrisy" (Harmony Corruption - 1990)