[alsa-devel] aplay doesnt work - new problem`

Pharaoh . pharaoh137 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 00:05:57 CET 2008

I am trying to run my pcm external io type plugin on an arm based board. I
have no kernel alsa driver
and the user space plugin is supposed to take care of talking to DSP using
shared memorty and send sound data.

Since, I dont have kernel space ALSA driver, do I need to enable kernel ALSA
support in .config?

I am facing following problem,

#aplay
ALSA lib conf.c:2852:(snd_config_hook_load) cannot access file
/home/pharaoh/alsa/cards/aliases.conf
ALSA lib pcm.c:2014:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Invalid type for PCM default
definition
(id: default, value: cards.pcm.default)
aplay: main:550: audio open error: Invalid argument

I can see that, aliases.conf is being searched at wrong place (its actually
looking on my host machine), how can I fix this?

-pharaoh.