[alsa-devel] ALSA Version change

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Tue Mar 11 20:22:46 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:30:11AM -0700, Chris Healy wrote:

> Currently, I am using a 2.6.19.2 kernel with ALSA version 1.0.13.  This is
> on an i.MX31 ARM11 platform.  (This is what it came with.)  We want to use a
> codec that currently has and ASoC supported driver so it seems best that we
> move forward to a newer version of ALSA.  (1.0.14 or later has ASoC.)

If you're using i.MX31 you might want to take a look at the work going
on in the imx31 branch of:

	git://opensource.wolfsonmicro.com/linux-2.6-audioplus

This contains ASoC-v2 based support for i.MX31 systems (using the
Freescale kernel), though if you're only interested in the codec drivers
it may better to stick with mainline.