[alsa-devel] Trigger problems while writing Alsa Shim

bruce at azbarclay.com bruce at azbarclay.com
Fri Mar 7 17:10:05 CET 2008

I am writing a shim from alsa to our own sound card drivers.  I was
able to get the init driver working and our sound card recognized.
Things seem to be set up correctly.  When I do aplay to my device (USB
device works find), it calls my copy callback twice and then it calls
the trigger and fails.  The call that fails is in pcm_write
(writei_func) with a -5.  I know that my callback returns zero but
there must be something else under the covers since that gets to be
zero.  Any help would be appreciated.