[alsa-devel] ALSACTL wrong restore on ARM9

Alexandre BOUIN a.bouin at kerlink.fr
Fri Mar 7 16:28:20 CET 2008

> Can you describe 'bad values' in a little more detail.

You're right, some details are missing.

For example, for first control, a playback volume control, value can go from
0 to 63.
Before "store" command, I'd set it to 20.
I've check that in "/var/lib/alsa/asound/state", I had the same value. Here
is a part of this file :

state.codec {
        control.1 {
                comment.access 'read write'
                comment.type INTEGER
                comment.count 2
                comment.range '0 - 63'
                iface MIXER
                name 'HP Playback Volume'
                value.0 20
                value.1 20
        }

So saved value seems ok.

After "restore" command, I get this :

$amixer cget numid=1
numid=1,iface=MIXER,name='HP Playback Volume'
  ; type=INTEGER,access=rw------,values=2,min=0,max=63,step=0
  : values=45,45

That's why I say that values are not correct.
I'm currently using debian alsa-utils_1.0.16-1_arm package.