[alsa-devel] HDMI v. ICH8 on Dell XPS M1330

Armando Di Cianno armando at goodship.net
Wed Mar 5 16:19:23 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 17:44 +0800, Jiang zhe wrote:
> I googled some info about the nvidia G84** or G86** graphics core.
> They got the audio signal from the external audio device through spdif.
>
> For Dell M1330, the spdif configuration for the stac92** codec looks
> well, maybe the graphic driver can control whether the audio signal is
> allowed to transfer through the HDMI port?

If it's a matter of a driver twiddling a bit on and off, maybe if
someone with an @intel.com email address -- *hint hint* -- emailed
NVIDIA tech guys, we might be able to get an answer as to what bits can
be addressed to turn HDMI on and off, w/o modifying the NVIDIA binary
driver.

Does alsa-devel have a good report with NVIDIA, or any at all?

--
Armando Di Cianno
http://dicianno.org/blog
armando at dicianno.org