[alsa-devel] Alsa MMAP emulation

Mathieu Monney zittix_all at xwaves.net
Wed Mar 5 11:47:35 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to get working Alsa with the PortAudio library on an embedded
device (Nokia N810). The problem is that the sound driver is not an
hardware driver for Alsa but a plugin which deals with the internal DSP
of the device. This plugin doesn't support mmap'ing at all. So I was
wondering if it is possible to configure Alsa a way such PortAudio can
use mmap'ing on my DSP plugin ? I saw there is a mmap_emulation flag but
the problem is that it seems to be only available on HW driver and not
on alsa plugins.

Any clues ?

Thank you in advance

Mathieu