[alsa-devel] Alsa Issue - Sound playback starts on left speaker only

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Jun 26 08:56:25 CEST 2008

At Thu, 26 Jun 2008 14:43:30 +0800,
<Ashwin.Chandra at corel.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have found an issue with the mixer devices. I had been controlling
> only one elem, "LineOut", but there is another elem named "iSpeaker"
> which is the one that shows only left speaker active in alsamixer. I am
> not sure why I would need to control both of them. I would expect
> "Lineout" to be the master control. But anyway I can fix the problem in
> my application by un setting mute on the right channel at the beginning
> of the application.

Good to hear that you found out the culprit.

> Do you have any idea about this though? (or have seen this before)?

There have been similar bug reports, but your finding isn't unknown
(and thus important).

Could you run alsa-info.sh with --no-upload option for both working
and non-working cases, and attach the generated files?  The script is
found at
	http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh

thanks,

Takashi