[alsa-devel] Alsa Issue - Sound playback starts on left speaker only

Ashwin.Chandra at corel.com Ashwin.Chandra at corel.com
Tue Jun 24 09:14:46 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am having an issue with my playback application where upon playback
start, only the left speaker is outputted. But if I mute and unmute
(either through my application or using alsamixer), the sound playback
resumes on both left and right speakers. This only happens on a
particular system too (out of 5 systems). But I know it is my issue
because mplayer or smplayer works fine.

I believe I am setting the correct HW params (ie. 2 channels), etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks!