[alsa-devel] wrong print debugging message code

Jin-Young Park mcjin02 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 07:44:47 CEST 2008

Hello,

I written ASoC Audio driver for our company chip in linux kernel 2.6.24.1.
New kernel 2.6.25.7 released before several days.
So, I merge my ASoC Audio dirver to kernel 2.6.25.7.
then I found wrong code that print debuuging message code in several files.
These file location is kernel_src/sound/soc/codecs for SoC audio codec
drvier files

These files include follow define code for print debug message.

#define XXXX_DEBUG 0

#ifdef XXXX_DEBUG
#define dbg(format, arg...) \
        printk(KERN_DEBUG AUDIO_NAME ": " format "\n" , ## arg)
#else
#define dbg(format, arg...) do {} while (0)
#endif

I think "#ifdef XXXX_DEBUG" line is wrong. Because, XXXX_DEBUG was already
defined 0.
I known that "#ifdef" is only check defined or not defined, 0 or 1(false or
true) are not check.
"#if XXXX_DEBUG" code is more correct than "#ifdef XXXX_DEBUG".

thanks