[alsa-devel] Avoid overload of PCM volume on Cx5045 codec

Andreas Påhlsson andreas at pahlsson.info
Thu Jun 19 13:34:25 CEST 2008

Hardware:

    product: AMILO Pro V3205
    vendor: FUJITSU SIEMENS
    version: Rev 1
    serial: YK2H004201
    width: 32 bits
    capabilities: smbios-2.4 dmi-2.4 smp-1.4 smp
    configuration: boot=oem-specific chassis=notebook cpus=2
uuid=00CAAE3D-9113-0E10-AFC7-E4C0949DBF47

alsa-info.sh:

http://pastebin.ca/1050962

I have of course played with all the settings with alsamixer before
compiling a kernelmodule. As per the comment to the patch the sound
can become very distorted without it. 6 dB works fine for me.

For me it is a little strange that it is the PCM volume and not the
Master volume that can be boosted. PCM sounds like it would be a
internal digital amplification control, Master sounds more like an
analog output amplifier control. But thats just me and I don't know
the chip at all.

regards,

Andreas