[alsa-devel] Problem regarding CA0106

Travis Place wishie at wishie.net
Mon Jun 16 19:26:06 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 18:00 +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Tue, 17 Jun 2008 01:52:08 +1000,
> Travis Place wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 12:38 +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> > > Does it mean that this number 1009:1102 is missing, or a wrong
> > > 1009:1462 entry matches with his hardware?
> > >
> > Well, it appears to me (due to another report filed previously) that
> > the motherboard is a 'newer revision' and has a different ID for the
> > soundcard.
>
> Hm, so you didn't receive alsa-info.sh or "lspci -nv" output?

Of course I got alsa-info.sh output :)
(asks himself why he didnt include it though)

http://pastebin.ca/1048644

> > > In the former case, it happens often.  We just need to add a new entry
> > > for the newer model.  In the latter case, it's odd.
> > >

> > I think that adding the new ID to the driver wont cause any immediate
> > problems. The old value (1009:1462) should remain, until we can confirm
> > it against another K8N Diamond motherboard (although im not sure how
> > common these boards are).
>
> Yeah, I guess so, too.  But just to be sure...

Well, we'll just have to see what happens, I guess.

For the record, in both older ALSA versions, and 1.0.16, changing only
the serial seems to be sufficient. So adding another serial should be an
easy fix.

Thanks,
Travis