[alsa-devel] Problem regarding CA0106

Travis Place wishie at wishie.net
Fri Jun 13 19:18:33 CEST 2008

Just been speaking with a guy in #alsa about the problems with his "MSI
K8N Diamond MB" which has an onboard "SB Live 24bit" or "Audigy".

While looking through ca0106_main.c in GIT, i saw the following section:

/* MSI K8N Diamond Motherboard with onboard SB Live 24bit without AC97
*/
	 /* SB0438
	  * CTRL:CA0106-DAT
	  * ADC: WM8775SEDS
	  * DAC: CS4382-KQZ
	  */
	 { .serial = 0x10091462,
	   .name   = "MSI K8N Diamond MB [SB0438]",
	   .gpio_type = 2,
	   .i2c_adc = 1 } ,

For this guys sound to work, we had to change the serial line to:

	 { .serial = 0x10091102,

Seems to be a bit hackish, and maybe some more investigation is required, but, it got sound to work, and the card is recognised.

Perhaps there is (for some odd reason) 2 variants of the onboard sound on that motherboard (Perhaps a rev 1.0 and rev 1.1 motherboard difference?)

Let me know if any more information is required, or if I can just make and submit a patch (ill add a new section for the new card, not the hackish way).

Thanks,
Travis Place