[alsa-devel] audiowerk8 alsa driver

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Jun 12 14:29:02 CEST 2008

At Thu, 12 Jun 2008 12:15:54 +0000 (GMT),
matthias.nyffenegger at bluewin.ch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have written an alsa driver for the audiowerk8 soundcard, source code is available here: http://sourceforge.
> net/projects/aw8-alsa/. It also supports audiowerk2 but i see that in the meantime there's already a driver available.
> Anyway, i'd like to ask for integration into the alsa source tree but i don't know exactly how this is done. Can
> somebody give me some help with that?

Just send patches to alsa-devel ML (and add developers to Cc), then
we'll review the patches and give feedbacks or merge to the upstream
tree.  How to submit is found in $LINUX/Documentation/SubmittingPatches.

I guess many codes will overwrap with the existing aw2 driver.
Could you try to integrate both, at least, to share some code base for
SAA7146?

Anyway, before submitting patches, try to reformat your codes to
follow the standard coding style ($LINUX/Documentation/CodingStyle).
$LINUX/scripts/checkpatch.pl is helpful for checking easy coding-style
issues (but it doesn't check everything).

Also, too much debugging stuff shouldn't be in the driver code.
Keep the code as clean as possible before submission.

thanks,