[alsa-devel] Vendor support in Alsa Drivers

Emmanuel Kasper emmanuel at libera.cc
Tue Jun 10 11:49:24 CEST 2008

Hello
With a couple of other french folks, we are building a kind of webshop
for Linux/FreeBSD compatible hardware. We will reference only devices
which work with a free driver, so no nvidia binary thingie or atheros HAL.
Based on the information found  on  the alsa wiki we plan to reference
the following sound devices:

M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 (  snd-ice1712 driver )
Terratec AUREON 5.1
M-Audio Fast Track usb
Hercules Muse Pocket LT
Ion TTUSB usb turnable ( these 4 working with snd-usb-driver )

We would be also interested to indicate on each product description, if
the vendor of the product, or the chipset maker for that matters had
been helpful with developers trying to write a free driver. So for the
devices mentionned above, was any of the vendor helpful by providing
programming documentation or sample hardware ?

If yes we will mention it on the product description with an extra tag
like "programmer friendly"

Regards

--
Emmanuel Kasper