[alsa-devel] Specs available for Sweex External 5.1 with digital in/out USB 2.0 / C-Media CM6207

Rene Herman rene.herman at keyaccess.nl
Wed Jun 4 16:21:39 CEST 2008

On 04-06-08 09:22, Erik Slagter wrote:

> Rene Herman wrote:
>>> The other good news is that Sweex supplies the "official" datasheet
>>> from C-media which I think is quite interesting and may very well be
>>> useful to resolve the last few issues.
>>
>> I'm afraid I am largely unfamiliar with USB audio but this I do find
>> to be interesting (sweex is a cheapo Dutch brand you can grab on each
>> street corner over here). By "supplies", do you mean you requested it
>> specifically or did sweex just put it up on a server someplace, or
>> something else?
>
> The interesting part is that the IC's datasheet is actually on the
> CD-ROM, in the directory with manuals. The only other manual to be found
> there is a "joke", it is sort of a leaflet in eight languages and tells
> you how to "install the driver". This is how I know Sweex, Trust and
> similar brands.

Yes, interesting (assuming the datasheet is of the useful kind, not just
some product brief). Best chances for someone looking at it is you just
make it available on the web somewhere. That way people don't feel they
are promising anything by requesting it.

C-Media itself doesn't seem to have a 6207 sheet up for download.

Rene