[alsa-devel] MIDI message handling

Thorsten Edelhäußer toersi at gmx.de
Tue Jun 3 21:54:47 CEST 2008

Hi!

I'm writing a driver for the MARIAN MARC 8 Midi soundcard. Today I
tested some MIDI functionality and get some errors from hydrogen
("unhandled midi message type"). I did some research and got to the
point, that the MIDI alive message (0xfe) should not arrive at the
application. So my question is: Do I have to process the midi messages
by myself before I give it to the alsa "snd_rawmidi_receive" function?
Or is there already some code, which will do it?

If someone is interested here is the project page:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/marc8-driver/

Regards,
Thorsten