[alsa-devel] playback write error (DMA or IRQ trouble)

Harsha priya gupta harshapriya at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 09:56:01 CEST 2008

I implemented the copy function and immediately transfered the user block
data to the hardware.

Correct me if am wrong;
.pointer implementation - passes the current buffer pointer. When the
.pointer function returns the size of the buffer = user buffer size
logically I need to expect the hardware to send an interrupt because buffer
is consumed and I should call snd_pcm_period_elapsed after that.

what would happen if i call the snd_pcm_period_elapsed from the pointer
function once the buffer is consumed from hardware. Would that be right?
This is what i am trying to do

--
-Harsha