[alsa-devel] ASoC widgets questions

Lopez Cruz, Misael x0052729 at ti.com
Tue Jul 29 04:22:37 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I started to read about ASoC, but I didn't find much information apart from the kernel documentation files. Is there any other documents? Below are some questions mainly related to DAPM for codec driver.

How should the interconnections map be created?
What is the difference between using "SND_SOC_DAPM_PGA" and "SND_SOC_DAPM_MICBIAS" for an input? When to use each one?
Why in some codec drivers there is a distinction between left and right ADC/DACs when creating DAPM widgets and in others not?
How should be handled digital gains and mixing (after ADCs/before DACs)?

Regards,
Misael