[alsa-devel] [Fwd: Filling "Struct snd_dma_buffer" manually]

dinesh dinesh.dua at coraltele.com
Thu Jul 24 16:09:21 CEST 2008

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: dinesh <dinesh.dua at coraltele.com>
To: alsa-devel <alsa-devel at alsa-project.org>
Subject: [alsa-devel] Filling "Struct snd_dma_buffer" manually
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 18:29:59 +0530

Hello,

I am stuck with a problem please help me.

I have allocated a buffer in ram and i want that if i playback something
from user end then alsa library exchanges data with this buffer using
memory  mapping but for this i have to fill a

 structure  "snd_dma_buffer" in driver code but as i have told i dont
want to use dma so i have to fill it manually with address of ram
buffer.

Please tell me if it is possible if yes then help me.

Thanks in advance..

Regards,
Dinesh Dua