[alsa-devel] Filling "Struct snd_dma_buffer" manually

dinesh dinesh.dua at coraltele.com
Thu Jul 24 14:59:59 CEST 2008

I am stuck with a problem please help me.

I have allocated a buffer in ram and i want that if i playback something
from user end then alsa library exchanges data with this buffer using
memory  mapping but for this i have to fill a

 structure  "snd_dma_buffer" in driver code but as i have told i dont
want to use dma so i have to fill it manually with address of ram

Please tell me if it is possible if yes then help me.

Thanks in advance..

Dinesh Dua