[alsa-devel] [Alsa-user] is this card supported by ALSA?

Landis McGauhey b3zdomny at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 16 20:00:03 CEST 2008

> Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:52:39 +0200
> From: rene.herman at keyaccess.nl
> To: b3zdomny at hotmail.com
> CC: tiwai at suse.de; alsa-user at lists.sourceforge.net; alsa-devel at alsa-project.org; ALSA at sc8-sf-spam2.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [Alsa-user] is this card supported by ALSA?
>
> On 16-07-08 16:44, Rene Herman wrote:
>
> > On 16-07-08 16:40, Rene Herman wrote:
> >
> >> # moodprobe -r  ens1371-ac97_reset_hack.diff
> >> # moodprobe -r  ens1371-ac97.diff
> >
> > I'm getting really sick of the fact that I seem to need to make at least
> > one typo or other small error per post. 'modprobe' ofcourse.
>
> Oh, I so love myself. Try this instead:
>
> # patch -p1 -r < ens1371-ac97_reset_hack.diff
> # patch -p1 -r < ens1371-ac97.diff
>
> I'll make sure I get some sleep before I post again.
>
> Rene.

OK, this is interesting:

 # patch -p1 -r < ens1371-ac97_reset_hack.diff=
bash: ens1371-ac97_reset_hack.diff: No such file or directory

# patch -p1 -r < ens1371-ac97.diff
bash: ens1371-ac97.diff: No such file or directory

Go figure.

Attached are two high-res pix of the card.  The smallest chips were just too darned small for me to read the printing; maybe you can magnify the pix and make something of them.  Thanks again for all your help.  I think I'm just going to be happy with OSS for awhile and see if I can't get it to support Skype.  If you decide to keep working on this and you want to test something, you're welcome to contact me.

best regards as always,

Landis

http://www.windowslive.com/family_safety/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_family_safety_072008