[alsa-devel] [Alsa-user] is this card supported by ALSA?

Landis McGauhey b3zdomny at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 16 17:15:04 CEST 2008

> Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:52:39 +0200
> From: rene.herman at keyaccess.nl
> To: b3zdomny at hotmail.com
> CC: tiwai at suse.de; alsa-user at lists.sourceforge.net; alsa-devel at alsa-project.org; ALSA at sc8-sf-spam2.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [Alsa-user] is this card supported by ALSA?
>
> On 16-07-08 16:44, Rene Herman wrote:
>
> > On 16-07-08 16:40, Rene Herman wrote:
> >
> >> # moodprobe -r  ens1371-ac97_reset_hack.diff
> >> # moodprobe -r  ens1371-ac97.diff
> >
> > I'm getting really sick of the fact that I seem to need to make at least
> > one typo or other small error per post. "modprobe" ofcourse.
>
> Oh, I so love myself. Try this instead:
>
> # patch -p1 -r < ens1371-ac97_reset_hack.diff
> # patch -p1 -r < ens1371-ac97.diff
>
> I'll make sure I get some sleep before I post again.
>
> Rene.

Yes, you deserve it!  Thanks for all your hard work-- it must be, what, 1710 hrs there?  Here's 0810 hrs and today is my grass-cutting day, so it's time for me to do that before it gets hot.  I will do everything you've mentioned in your recent messages, including removing and examing the card-- I'll even take a macro photograph of it-- later on this evening Netherlands time, perhaps while you're getting a much-deserved night's sleep.  My feedback should be ready for you when you awaken Thursday morning Netherlands time.

Best regards,

Landis

PS -- I'm going to laugh my arse off if the external USB soundcard I got for my old laptop with WinXP Home, works in this old desktop with ALSA!  If that happens, I will ask my treasurer (my dear wife, she's the breadwinner, I'm a stay-at-home dad on disability) if I can buy another of those USB soundcards for this old desktop.  Then I will install the PCI card in our teenager's old desktop with WinXP Home-- it would represent an upgrade for them as presently they have only onboard sound.  According to the United Parcel Service website, I should take delivery today of that USB card.