[alsa-devel] [boot crash, bisected] in 9f240a55 "ALSA: opti93x: use cs4231 lib"

Rene Herman rene.herman at keyaccess.nl
Fri Jul 18 11:19:19 CEST 2008

It does. Acked/Tested-by: Rene Herman <rene.herman at gmail.com>

> I would like to place something on top to make the init isa/pnp choice
> look more generic but I'll submit that tomorrow.

This bug was uncovered by !CONFIG_PNP and we had trouble in this driver
due to that before so was rewriting the init to be a generic multi-card
ALSA init but, actually, not much point.

The hardware fundamentally doesn't support more than one card per system
due to the fixed chip->mc_base and the bug was in this case not _caused_
but only uncovered by !CONFIG_PNP (it triggers for CONFIG_PNP after
supplying "isapnp=0" as a module param) so I'll just wait for the next
time this ifdeffed together mess breaks on !CONFIG_PNP to make the init
look generic ;-)

In fact, in the meantime I'll look at splitting 92x and 93x again. It's
much better now that Krzysztof made it use the generic library code but
I still hate this driver. It's also poking at ports without being told
something is there by either system or user.

Trivial remainder of init rewrite that's still applicable:

Rene.