[alsa-devel] Requiring the same sample rate for playback and record?

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Wed Jul 16 17:11:27 CEST 2008

Takashi Iwai wrote:

> In a simple case, you don't need hw_constraint functions.  Just
> override the corresponding fields of runtime->hw in open callback.
>
> For example, pci/via82xx.c sets the current rate value to
> runtime->hw.rate_min/max if there is another stream.

Are you talking about this code:

	} else {
		/* a fixed rate */
		runtime->hw.rates = SNDRV_PCM_RATE_KNOT;
		runtime->hw.rate_max = runtime->hw.rate_min = ratep->rate;
	}

Last I heard, ASoC doesn't work with SNDRV_PCM_RATE_KNOT.  But I think I can
still use this method.  I'll just need to use a real SNDRV_PCM_RATE_xxx value.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale