[alsa-devel] [0/2] Jack reporting

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Jul 16 13:02:35 CEST 2008

At Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:11:00 +0100,
Mark Brown wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 10:50:27AM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> > This is a repost of the the jack reporting API I posted recently.  There
> > are no chances since the last submission - as discussed in that thread
> > the existing users and the need to support buttons implemented in jacks
> > pushes me towards use of an input device to represent jacks.
>
> Takashi, do you have any comments on these patches?

I have no strong opinion about this.  Your implementation looks small
enough.  But, if Dmitry finds the input layer not suitable for such a
purpose, this isn't a good way to go.

I think the question is how general and how extensible these features
should be.  If it's just a jack reporting, there are bunch of other
possible implementations.  Even ALSA control API could provide a
similar functionality.