[alsa-devel] [Alsa-user] is this card supported by ALSA?

Landis McGauhey b3zdomny at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 15 17:25:07 CEST 2008

> Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:42:05 +0200
> From: rene.herman at keyaccess.nl
> To: b3zdomny at hotmail.com
> CC: tiwai at suse.de; alsa-user at lists.sourceforge.net; alsa-devel at alsa-project.org
> Subject: Re: [Alsa-user] is this card supported by ALSA?
<snip>

OK, interim report:

the patch, the make, the makemodules, and the modprobes all proceeded without error.

ran alsamixer and verified all functions were unmuted and raised

then, the audio-test attempts:

# aplay /usr/share/sounds/startup3.wav
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:864:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
aplay: main:564: audio open error: No such file or directory

# speaker-test

speaker-test 1.0.16

Playback device is default
Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 1 channels
Using 16 octaves of pink noise
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:864:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
Playback open error: -2,No such file or directory

So now I'm going to run alsaconf and see if that changes things.  I'll let you know what happens.

Landis