[alsa-devel] 1.0.16->1.0.17 regression for some HDA NVidia's

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Jul 8 12:09:13 CEST 2008

At Tue, 08 Jul 2008 00:31:43 +0300,
Ozan Çağlayan wrote:

> Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > At Sun, 06 Jul 2008 19:18:01 +0300,
> > Ozan Çağlayan wrote:
> >
> >> Everything seems OK with those onboard audio chipsets but there's
> >> absolutely no sound.
> >> We have 2 bug reports on our bug tracking system indicating this
> >> regression for MCP51, MCP61 and MCP73.
> >>
> >> Here are the URL's for alsa-info.sh output's:
> >>
> >> MCP51: http://pastebin.ca/1062418
> >> MCP61: http://pastebin.ca/1058482
> >> MCP73: http://pastebin.ca/1058319
> >>
> >> Those users have recently reported that downgrading to 1.0.16 series
> >> solves the problem.
> >>

> > Could you run alsa-info.sh on 1.0.16, too?  Then we can compare
> > between working and non-working states.
> >

> > thanks,
> >
> > Takashi
> >
> Hi,
>
> I've also entered a bug report for this problem which includes the two
> outputs:
>
> https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=4038

The first thing to check is that you are using pulse plugin.
Is it intended, and confirmed to work?

The next thing to check is whether 1.0.16 driver works with the same
environment (1.0.17 lib, utils, etc) -- that is, your 1.0.16 alsa-info
output.  If yes, get alsa-info.sh output again, then install 1.0.17
driver again and re-test.  Get alsa-info.sh output on 1.0.17 again
(for non-working) to compare exactly.

thanks,