[alsa-devel] Application hangs with different period sizes

Gustavo da Silva Serra gustavo.serra at tet.com.br
Thu Jul 3 13:41:29 CEST 2008

Do you check the result of the function that sets the period size? Some
periods are not supported and you can't assume that they are valid and
proceed in your application. Use snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_time_near
to see what is the nearest possible value for period.
<http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/group___p_c_m___h_w___params.html#gf5e53bcb748185a4da3b8538720a5792>