[alsa-devel] Alsa 32-64 bit issue

Wolfgang Rosenauer wolfgang at rosenauer.org
Wed Jul 2 13:48:18 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm new to to this list (and also Alsa) so please forgive me some newbie
questions you probably find ;-)

I have an application which does simple PCM output to Alsa. It works so
far (if pulseaudio is not used but that's another issue).
But if I try to run the app (which is compiled for 32bit) on a 64bit
Linux system it fails at snd_pcm_start() with the following error:

"Datenübergabe unterbrochen (broken pipe)"

So is that an app, system or kernel issue? Sound output from other 32bit
applications (notably flash) works in general so I guess something in
the app is broken?
What could be the issue?

Thanks,
  Wolfgang