[alsa-devel] Setting format to SND_PCM_FORMAT_MU_LAW does not let me apply hardware parameters

Mitul Sen (misen) misen at cisco.com
Tue Jul 1 20:42:27 CEST 2008

Thanks for your suggestions. For the first suggestion, how would I know the version of alsa-lib that I am using so that I can download the source code for the same? Is alsa-lib the same as libasound? Under /usr/lib/libasound.so I have a symbolic link to libasound.so.2.0.0. Is that then the version I should be looking for?

I am really new to this so please excuse me if these questions are too basic for this forum!

Thanks,
Mitul