[alsa-devel] underruns and strange code in pcm_rate.c

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Thu Jan 31 21:49:45 CET 2008

Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Timur Tabi wrote:
>> [...]
>
> It is likely that your problem is related to the sample rate converter
> in the OSS emulation code.
>
> Try disabling CONFIG_SND_PCM_OSS_PLUGINS in the kernel configuration,
> then mplayer will use its owner sample rate converter.

Has there been any progress made on this issue since November?  I have a
customer that is affected by it, and I was wondering if the problem is fixed in
the latest ALSA.

If not, is there a bug entry in https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org for it? I need
to make a formal write-up of this bug, but I don't really understand it that well.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale