[alsa-devel] ACER Aspier 5630 (snd-hda-intel ALC883)

Marcin Floryan marcin.floryan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 20:20:16 CET 2008

On 30/01/2008, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:

> > > First off, try to choose all models for the given codec (see
> > > Documentation/ALSA-Configuration.txt) one by one and test it. If some model
> > > provides mic work - post it here with the PCI SSID of your sound card.
> >
> > Currently using alsa-driver-hg20080126. Sound output is perfect.
> >
> > The laptop has 2 build-in speakers and a built-in microphone and three
> > jacks in front: mic, line-in and headphones.
> >
> > With: auto, acer, acer-aspire,3stack-dig I can record sound from
> > microphone but the quality is atrocious so barely usable.
>
> Did you raise Mic Boost?

Yes. I did try changing it as well but  it was set to maximum (3) most
of the time.

> Anyway, show the content of /proc/asound/card0/codec#* files and the
> generated file via "alsactl -f somefile store".  These will be helpful
> for further analysis.
>
> > With: targa-2ch-dig I have notice that the output is on both - the
> > speakers and the headphone whereas previously the output was changed
> > by plugging the headphones in.
> >
> > Other options do not really make any difference apart from the number
> > of controls in the mixer.
> >
> > 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
> > Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)
> >         Subsystem: Acer Incorporated [ALI] Unknown device 0090
>
> To be sure, provide the output of "lspci -nv" (only for this device)
> to see the PCI SSID more exactly.

00:1b.0 Class 0403: 8086:27d8 (rev 02)
        Subsystem: 1025:0090
        Memory at d2400000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: [60] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+
Queue=0/0 Enable-
        Capabilities: [70] Express Unknown type IRQ 0
        Capabilities: [100] Virtual Channel
        Capabilities: [130] Unknown (5)

Hope it help.

Regards,