[alsa-devel] es1938 - patch trying to improve capture hw pointer reads: log file

Hermann Lauer Hermann.Lauer at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Jan 28 23:38:58 CET 2008

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 05:19:52PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:07:27 +0100,
> Hermann Lauer wrote:

> > > Yeah, it would be helpful to understand the problem more correctly.
> >
> > Will put together some of the log files next week.
> > Up to what size could/should  I cc to the list without upsetting people ?
> > I guess compressing them will yield only a few KBytes.
>
> Not sure about the size limit, but it'd be better to attach a
> compressed file.  Or just cut out only the interesting part.

Appended is a logfile part. The interresting parts are the diff vlaues (1 if DMACOUNT and ADDR are
read correct), DMA count, addr and probably status. Status is 0xf when the DMA engine resets
the DMAADDR to it's starting value, 0 in all other normal cases.

DMAADDR is reread for the debug output from the chip, so it's sometimes not the value
used in the diff calculation.

Hermann

--
Netzwerkadministration/Zentrale Dienste, Interdiziplinaeres
Zentrum fuer wissenschaftliches Rechnen der Universitaet Heidelberg
Email: Hermann.Lauer at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de