[alsa-devel] installation steps for us-122l tascam driver

Karsten Wiese fzu at wemgehoertderstaat.de
Sun Jan 27 20:04:14 CET 2008

Am Sonntag, 27. Januar 2008 schrieb Xavier garabedian:

> i'm a linux beginner and i'm trying to make the us 122l work on ubuntu.
> i have seen the patches that you published, but i don't know the steps to
> install them and make the tascam work.

Um erm, blush..., I think the us122l patch is not yet "beginner digestible".
Put differently, please be patient some more weeks, I hope to put the patch
in a better shape then.
You might start learning alsa patch/build cycle with a stable driver, that's
already in linux kernel; then proceed learning the same for the jackd as
there isn't any alsa-pcm interface yet.

      Karsten