[alsa-devel] Splitting up the HDA-INTEL modules

Claudio Matsuoka cmatsuoka at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 20:46:25 CET 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 11:32 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:

> The current implementation is in such a form intentionally to make a
> transition smoothly.  In this way, you can port the existing kernel
> code quite easily to the new framework without losing functionality.
> The worst thing is that the machine doesn't work any longer by this
> transition.  That's why I don't want to move to a generic parser or a
> dynamic parsing at the very first step.

Right, it's a good strategy.. I've built 0.0.10b against hg with only
minor changes (notably 3 instances of
-Werror-implicit-function-declaration had to be removed from
configure.in). However, hda-config still complains about ioctl
PVERSION error (ioctl() with HDA_IOCTL_PVERSION returns -1). Known
problem or should I investigate further?