[alsa-devel] The state of Digigram cards

Mark Hills mark at pogo.org.uk
Wed Jan 23 14:57:24 CET 2008

Hi,

I've been trying to use Digigram cards with ALSA using the drivers
specific to these cards:

* VX222 (detected as vx222/Old)
* miXArt 8

Since about 1 year ago, I've tried both cards in various machines with
various software configurations, and my experiences have ranged from
complete system lockups to problems opening the device. Using more than
one CPU seems to be a certain way to get system lockups.

Is anybody actually using the Digigram drivers?

Searching the various archives shows interest in the cards from a number
of years ago. Is it possible that more recent developments to ALSA and the
kernel cause the drivers to be unstable?

Thanks,

Mark