[alsa-devel] HDA codec graphing

Claudio Matsuoka cmatsuoka at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 11:39:07 CET 2008

On Jan 18, 2008 2:28 AM, Tobin Davis <tdavis at dsl-only.net> wrote:

>  I ran this on my home system (Intel DP965LT - STAC9227).  Attached is the
> graph to add to your samples.

Could you send me the subdevice ID and the codec file? We store the
samples in codec file format (instead of the generated ps/svg/png
files).

>  I also am submitting the first (of possibly many) patches.  This one will
> also look in the $PWD for the codecgraph.py file, so users who don't wish to
> install this can just download and run it in place.
>
>  I noticed a few output errors as well:
>
>  6: Unknown item: No Modem Function Group found
>  10: Unknown item: Default PCM:
>  But as I am not yet familiar with python, I'd like to just report these for
> now.

Thanks. In fact the tool is Eduardo's, I added the wrapper shell
instead of building that functionality into the Python script exactly
because I'm not familiar with Python as well, but I though this script
was a good excuse to learn it ;) So eventually (soon, I hope) I'll
change the main script to pipe the output directly into graphviz and
get rid of the wrapper.