[alsa-devel] intel-hd on an intel G33 motherboard

Tobin Davis tdavis at dsl-only.net
Fri Jan 18 03:50:28 CET 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 10:26 +0800, Jiang zhe wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 19:31 +0000, De Fuuss wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Indeed it works. As you mght have noticed I'm new to ALSA ;-) and I
> hadn't noticed that some of the channels could be muted. I thought
> they were muted only when at 0%. I also get
> "hda_codec_setup_stream:NID=" lines in dmesg now. I'm really sorry
> about that, it's really a beginner's mistake.
> >
> > At least one good thing came out of it: I can confirm that hda_intel
> works with model=6stack-hp on the XPC Shuttle SG33G5M . I will
> continue to carry out tests to see if there are any issues with Mic,
> line out, spdifs etc..
> >
> Since there are only five jacks on the back panel,
> It's better to implement a 5stack-hp model for it.
> I will do it.
>
> Best regards!

In looking at the system, while I only see 5 analog plugs on the back on
the motherboard, I do see an spdif port on the back of the chassis.  I
would recommend just leaving it as a 6 stack config, unless there is a
definitive difference that your code would make.  Keep it simple.

--
Tobin Davis

 Debian - All the power, without the silly hat.