[alsa-devel] ALC268 auto-parsing

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at physics.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Jan 16 23:12:05 CET 2008

Marco Schuster wrote:
> I am a bit interested in how the Realtek Windows driver gets its pin
> config. There IMO are two options:
> a) it uses the bios autoconfig - as parsing this doesn't work in alsa
> here, there must be something special in it
> b) it uses a config file - it should be easy to get out the pin config.

I have no concrete evidence for this but my feeling based on a poke around
the windoze drivers a few years ago is that they were configured for the
particular laptop by the manufacturer.  This configuration information is
not in an obvious location though - if they go this way it's either embedded
within the driver itself or located in a binary format file somewhere.  In
both cases this makes it almost impossible to utilise.

Regards
  jonathan