[alsa-devel] SNDRV_PCM_INFO_MMAP - what do I need for it?

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Wed Jan 16 20:40:07 CET 2008

Timur Tabi wrote:

> How can I know whether this function works?  Can I just add those two flags to
> my .info line, and then .... ?  Is there an ALSA mmap test utility?

Ok, I think aplay can do this.

I ran this command:

aplay -Dhw:0,0 -f S16_BE -M -r 48000 -c 2 15.raw

and I got this error:

aplay: set_params:852: Access type not available

so I modified my .info line and added those two macros.  When I run "aplay -M",
it plays the file fine.

Does this mean that my one-line change has added mmap support to my driver, and
dmix should now work?

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale