[alsa-devel] Patch for ALC882

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Tue Jan 15 02:48:34 CET 2008

So after many months of wrestling with Realtek's technical support, I
finally managed to get all four of my speakers to work in my ASUS A7J
laptop. The patch was intended to replace
alsa-kernel/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c in 1.0.14rc4 and that was the last
version I successfully tested it on. Since then, I haven't managed to
get all four speaker to work. I am not sure why Realtek never posted
this patch, but I figured that perhaps some of the ALSA brains might be
able to make sense of it and integrate properly into HEAD.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred