[alsa-devel] intel-hd on an intel G33 motherboard

Jiang zhe zhe.jiang at intel.com
Tue Jan 15 02:32:35 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 17:11 +0000, De Fuuss wrote:
> The jumper is now set to enable onboard (Intel HDA) audio.
> At the back of the barebone there are 5 jacks (4 channels for 7.1 and 1 line in channel) + 1 spdif out.
> From these, using 6stack-hp, only the "Front L/R" jack works, none of the others
> On the front, there are 2 jacks (1 headphones and 1 microphone). The headphone jack works.

Can you tell us how you did the testing?
>From the driver code, it's not likely that all other jacks don't work.

Because the driver support up-mixing, you can play a 2-channel music and
get sound from 4 jacks on the back panel.

I read the dmesg output that you sent to me.
But there is no alsa debug info in it.
Did you really configure the driver with the option
"--with-debug=detect"?
If not, please try it and paste the dmesg info, it is helpful to trace
the issue.

Best regards!
Jiang,zhe