[alsa-devel] -mm: pnp-do-not-stop-start-devices-in-suspend-resume-path.patch breaks resuming isapnp cards

Rene Herman rene.herman at keyaccess.nl
Sun Jan 13 07:13:35 CET 2008

On 13-01-08 06:50, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:

> On Saturday 12 January 2008 1:08:01 pm Rene Herman wrote:

>> pnp-do-not-stop-start-devices-in-suspend-resume-path.patch in current -mm
>> breaks resuming isapnp cards from hibernation. They need the pnp_start_dev
>> to enable the device again after hibernation.
>>
>> They don't really need the pnp_stop_dev() which the above mentioned patch
>> also removes but with the pnp_start_dev() restored it seems pnp_stop_dev()
>> should also stay. Bjorn Helgaas should decide  -- currently the patch as
>> you have it breaks drivers though. Could you drop it?
>
> Yes, please drop pnp-do-not-stop-start-devices-in-suspend-resume-path.patch
> for now.

Okay, thanks for the reply. And, now that I have your attention, while it's
not important to the issue anymore with the tests removed as the submitted
patch did, do you have an opinion on (include/linux/pnp.h):

/* pnp driver flags */
#define PNP_DRIVER_RES_DO_NOT_CHANGE    0x0001  /* do not change the state
of the device */
#define PNP_DRIVER_RES_DISABLE          0x0003  /* ensure the device is
disabled */

I find DISABLE including DO_NOT_CHANGE rather unexpected...

By the way, I also still have this next one outstanding for you... :-/

http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/1/9/168

Rene.