[alsa-devel] Realtek ALC883 support on Albatron KI690-AM2 motherboard

Andrew Paprocki andrew at ishiboo.com
Sun Jan 13 05:51:23 CET 2008

Takashi,

I finally got the hardware set up again to test the patch. I noticed
that it was already applied to hg, so I just used the latest hg code
to test. With the new code the 2nd device was always failing with an
-EBUSY error. I poked around adding some printk's and noticed that the
device count wasn't being incremented for subsequent cards. I fixed it
and submitted the patch. With that modification it appears to be
working now:

$ modprobe snd_hda_intel
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:14.2[A] -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 16
hda_codec: Unknown model for ALC883, trying auto-probe from BIOS...
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:01:05.2[B] -> GSI 19 (level, low) -> IRQ 18

$ aplay -l
card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 0: ALC883 Analog [ALC883 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 1: ALC883 Digital [ALC883 Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 0: ATI HDMI [ATI HDMI]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

$ cat /proc/asound/card1/codec#0
Codec: Generic 1002 ATI RS690/780 HDMI
Address: 0
Vendor Id: 0x1002791a
Subsystem Id: 0x791a00
Revision Id: 0x100000
No Modem Function Group found
Default PCM:
    rates [0x70]: 32000 44100 48000
    bits [0x2]: 16
    formats [0x1]: PCM
Default Amp-In caps: N/A
Default Amp-Out caps: N/A
Node 0x02 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x201: Stereo Digital
Node 0x03 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400381: Stereo Digital
  Pincap 0x0814: OUT Detect
  Pin Default 0x18560010: [Jack] Digital Out at Int HDMI
    Conn = Digital, Color = Unknown
  Pin-ctls: 0x40: OUT
  Connection: 1
     0x02