[alsa-devel] PNP_DRIVER_RES_DISABLE breaks swsusp at least with snd_cs4236

Rene Herman rene.herman at keyaccess.nl
Sat Jan 12 02:23:27 CET 2008

On 11-01-08 19:40, Ondrej Zary wrote:

> On Friday 11 January 2008 15:21:55 Rene Herman wrote:

>> Hrmpf. Well, okay. Ondrej -- I assume this patch fixes things?
>
> Yes, it works fine. 3c509 card still does not work after resume, but that
> looks like another problem.

Okay. Would now only still like to know why the test in resume() means
trouble for you while it seems the same test in suspend() should've
triggered as well and not have stopped the device in the first place.

Know absolutely nothing about hibernation so added the listed maintainers to
the CC.

Pavel, Rafael -- the attached fixes snd-cs4236 not coming back to life for
Ondrej after hibernation due to the PNP_DRIVER_RES_DO_NOT_CHANGE test
triggering in pnp_bus_resume() and keeping the card in a suspended state.

There's issues on wether or not the flag _should_ be set (that is, be part
of PNP_DRIVER_RES_DISABLE) and that it shouldn't be tested by these code
patchs in the first place, but is it in fact expected that this would be
neccessary?

That is, is it expected/designed that the same test in pnp_bus_suspend()
didn't cause the device to not be disabled in the first place?

Rene.